I recently came across a quote from some leaders of my church that talked about what kind of principles a happy and successful family are most likely built upon. He named many theories and concepts, one being wholesome recreation activities. Now that really made me think. How could, out of ALL the things in the world, would someone list wholesome recreation activities. In choosing to create these moments, I hope to teach my kids to balance their time wisely, so they can create memories that help bond us to our loved ones. I hope the fun opportunities that Andy and I work hard to give our kids will provide them with a deeper love and bond with their family members.
When Brian was 5, we took a big "Western Trip" where we visited family and friends in Utah, WY and Idaho. We ended the week with a BIG family reunion with all of Andy's side of the family. His sister got this huge slip n slide and Brian, well.... I can let the pictures speak for themselves. Him and his Dad must have taken a 100 trips down that slide. They would run as fast as they could, SLIDE and then end up in a dog pile after they wiped out. It was so fun to watch them play and interact. I hope my kids can look back on these times and see how much their parents loved spending time with them.
My water boy just loving life!








No comments:
Post a Comment