Saturday, May 12, 2018

Love One Another

Last Friday, when I was at Brian's swim practice, I got a phone call from our local library. They proceeded to tell me that Brian had won 3rd place in their tri town Poetry completion for his age group! I was pretty excited but Brian was pretty ambivalent about it. So, after a pretty busy day of school, practicing the poem, a soccer game and a quick dinner at Subway we arrived at the library. 



They asked Brian to read his poem titled "Love one Another" that he had written. He was a little nervous, but he got up and read it! I was very proud of him. I NEVER was able to do this like that at my age. 




The assistant child's librarian presented Brian with a certificate and a DIY puzzle and a brand new case of colored pencils. He really liked it and spent some time coloring the puzzle that night.




Brian Great Uncle Jeff, who is a poet himself came to see Brian! He said he would not have missed it. Thank you Jeff!





All the other participants in the group! It was a fun evening and I am proud of Brian.



Job well done Brian! 
He told me afterwards, that he liked the program but didn't like practicing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment