Monday, November 1, 2010

Life Lessons

God sure works in mysterious and interesting ways. Sometimes,the biggest challenges that he sends our way really are blessings. As most of you know, I was called as the Relief Society President back in August. As I was issued the call, so many thoughts raced through my mind. I wondered why me? What does the Lord want me to do? What does he want me to convey to these women? Well, the more I get situated in my calling and learn the ropes, I have learned one thing;I was called to this calling so I could learn.
I have learned that when you serve others,you really do see them as the Savior does. You learn to love them as he loves. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me well enough to know when I need to learn and grow and love as he does.
I am grateful to be involved in an organization that stands for everything holy and right. I am amazed every time I read the Relief Society motto. It makes me realize how divine and noble womanhood is.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve. I am glad my days are no longer spent thinking about myself but rather how I can help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment