Thanksgiving! What a wonderful and joyous holiday. I love how Thanksgiving is not about materialistic presents or wish lists. This is one holiday set aside for being grateful for what we do have instead of thinking of things we don't. It is one day when we think others before ourselves. It is a day dedicated to having a attitude of gratitude.
This year has been a year full of challenges, difficulties and hardships. It has also been a year of growing, blessings and learning. I am so grateful for every experience that Andy and I have had. It has made us better and wiser. It has made us more grateful and more humble.
This year, we were able to spend Thanksgiving with Family in Massachusetts. Three sisters, two husbands and two parents under one roof equals fun. We were able to pack so much into one week and we enjoyed every minute of it.
One of the most amusing things about being married is the mixing of family traditions. Seeing as this was our first Thanksgiving being married, I was curious if Andy would enjoy a Thanksgiving Donahue style. Needless to say he did, and he was able to introduce in a few Bartholomew traditions,One being Grandma Bartholomew's recipe for Utah Jello salad. He planned it, made it, mixed it and served it. It was a hit! Who knows, it might become a regular at our table.
All it all it was a wonderful trip with many memories made.
I didn't know you were going to be back in Mass for Thanksgiving! I hope you had fun. Good to see you are updating your blog again!
ReplyDeleteYeah it was really fun but VERY busy. It was our fist Thanksgiving as a married couple and our first time home together. Everything went really well and we really enjoyed our time spent there. Where did you spend Thanksgiving?
ReplyDelete