Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Thanksgiving Week

Ahh..... Thanksgiving week. It is truly one of my favorite weeks of the whole year. I love everything about it and how the days get lost as you spend time with family and celebrate. Maybe I also love being on break from being the taxi driver, carpool, driving to: gymnastics, dance, swim team, piano, piano practice, piano practice, 7 pm bedtime, waking up kids......We just got to relax and stay up way past bedtime.

On to the fun stuff. Annie's kindergarten class and grade level, put on a HUGE Thanksgiving Breakfast/Feast and program. The do it Thanksgiving eve day, before the kids where dismissed for Thanksgiving break. I got to go in early and set up the tables and centerpieces and gather the food. All four classes all together and was crazy but fun.



Annie always comes running full force to things like this. It is almost like is scared that she is going to miss out out on a opportunity. It cracks me up.



Annie was very happy that her and her BFF Maria where put together at the same table.


I love Annie's side model like pose. Too cute.



I love this picture of my little turkey! She looks so old.


Annie was served corn bread, applesauce, cheese and crackers!


I love being able to participate in her school activities.



Apple Sauce is her Favorite! Along with the popcorn.


They sang a song that was so cute- the Turkey Wobble. It was very enjoyable to watch. She wobbled and danced and then tried to hide the hunter, hunting turkey dinner. It was so funny to watch how seriously she took getting down and hiding from the turkey.


Annie's class had a little program where they all lined up and said what they where thankful for. Annie remarked that she was THANKFUL for swimming lessons and her family. Glad to know I made the list :)





Every Thanksgiving afternoon, I go over to my parents and cook pies with her. We always order out from local dines for lunch. We made an apple, cranberry pie, chocolate chip and pecan. I love this time with her. She is famous for her pie making, and this year was no different.



Pie Night. The is a fun tradition. We got invited to a friend's pie night. I made a Twix pie that got eaten (mostly by Bri) and ate and ate. I was stuffed! It was dinner for all of us.


Thanksgiving! This was the turkey this year! It was delish.


Thanksgiving with cousins. My Mom did a turkey craft with the kids and they all loved it. It is fun having a art loving Gaga. Apparently is was dress up day for my kids?! Bri wore a halloween costume and so did Annie, the annual Indian dress that we take out every Thanksgivng.




Dinner! Brother Kayes from our guest! He entertained us with his stories.


The day after Thanksgiving we go with the Grandparents and Cousins to Festival of Trees. We go around looking at decorated trees. We also got to visit with Santa. She sat right on his lap and asked for LOL dolls.



Her Idol Elsa. She was so very happy to meet and hug her.


The Grinch!


Santa again. Brian asked for surprises.


I spy my kid writing a letter to santa. She kept asking me "Mom, mom how do you write LOL dolls."


Watching the waves..... this girl loves the beach at any season.







Ice Skating! It is a built in one at the festival. I was impressed by how fast Annie picked it up and her balance.



We went with the family to watch at Christmas parade in a nearby town.



We later took the kids to the movies! Encanto was cute, but not my most awake time of the day.

Till Next Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment