Thursday, December 23, 2021

New hobby!

I am so proud of my Boy. Brian has recently taken up a new hobby; origami. Now this is NOT a hobby for the faint of heart. It requires so much effort, concentration, detail and patience. It seems so daunting with all the folds and instructions, but Brian went to work to learn. He checked out books weekly from school about origami and watched a ton of youtube videos. I would watch him study it every so closely to make sure he got every detail just right. He never became frustrated, he just kept trying. 
He told Andy and I early on that he wanted to make an origami Christmas ornament for every single on of his classmates. There are 20 students total, so I had him start early in December, so he would get it all done. Man, this was a LONG task. He made them all different and unique, so it took him a LONG time to finish them all. Some took an hour or more. He spent many night on his bed working on this project and when Andy or I would come up to turn off the light and tell him to go to bed, we would often hear "But I have to finish my ornaments!" He asked me to get some string to tie them as a hook and he got glued them all on. Here is his final product that he will pass out today! I am so proud of him!
He asked his teacher if he could do some sort of raffle to give the away. She let him draw names and one by one each student came up, looked and picked one.





 Job well Done, Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment