Thursday, October 21, 2021

Swim Team


It was a HAPPY day in the house when I got an email from the swim director of Brian's swim team informing me that they where starting up the swim team again. After 18 months, it was a welcome sight. The director informed me that Brian would have to audition again and that they would only be accepting a certain amount of kids. I had Brian watch a few videos of the four strokes and practice a little bit, but the endurance it would take for him to swim the length of the pool was what I was worried about. 18 Months is a long time. The day of try outs came and he was waiting outside and with his swim bag and ready to jump in the car! He was ready. I told him this would be an try our and maybe that since so much time was gone by without getting int he pool, he would not make. He got out there and did his thing and the director offered him a spot! I was so happy and so was he!


He was excited to get into the water but before we got in the pool we saw his classmate Luke! What was he doing here!? He made the team too and Brian was so excited!




He also dove! My son could not dive! His teacher told him "DO IT!" and he did. After, he told me it took all his confidence to do it! Job well done son!


Post Swim Team Converstaions.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment