Friday, October 9, 2020

Tripp Family Reunion


This summer I planned a Tripp family reunion (my Mom's side). I remember spending and enjoying so many reunions with my Mom's side and I wanted the tradition to continue. We always had the reunions on the water front in Maine and we continued that tradition as my cousin Myles hosted it at his new house on his own waterfront. 


The men and kids wasted no time getting out to the yard and playing corn hole and playing tag!


Lets be honest....the yummy food and Gaga taking over kid duty. The Tripp side always is very tomatoe heavy at every meal.




It was fun to get together and relax and talk about old times. My Mom brought an old box of family photos, some I have never seen before and we had a good time going down memory lane.



So, back in 1988, we had a huge Tripp reunion up in Maine with the whole side and lots of cousins. I remember is so vividly. One of the things that made that reunion so fun was that each kid got to decorate their own Tee Shirt and hat. The kids loved it and the Gaga the artist helped the kids. I hope this will be a fun keepsake for them.



After eating and doing the tee shirts, we headed down to the waterfront and swam. Brian, my water child wasted no time getting in the water. I think this is my new favorite picture of him.... it screams SUMMER!



Annie got her goggles in was in the water the rest of the night too!


The Girl cousins...just missing Maddy!


Uncle Eric brought his Drone and flew it around the lake. This was such entertainment for the kids, and adults too!







My cousins Raena brought along her paddle board and Brian was out on the water for a good hour going to town. He even got he the youngest cousins to try it out!


My cousin Myles has a boat and took us all out! He showed us around the whole lake! The kids really loved it. I think it was the hit of the reunion.


The kids waited all day all day for the boat and didn't want to smile pictures. 


My beautiful Mom and I. She helped me keep the kids in the boat!



Annie, these two pictures show two very different emotions that happened in one second.


Annie on the boat holding on to her beloved Daddy!


Ride back to the house! 



We went back to the house, lit a fire and roasted s'mores! That is the best time, being around the fire and talking!


This lucky boy got the hard copy series of Dog Man and read one book in one day each! He could not resist reading it to the cousins!

Times like this I am remember just how lucky I am to be in the Tripp family and all the good times that we had growing up!
Till Next Year!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment