When Bubba was almost Annie's age, I did a preschool co-op with some of his friends. He loved it and remembers it fondly and I enjoyed teaching it. Annie starts a formal preschool in the fall and I thought she would benefit from a preschool experience this summer with her good friend Rafe. So, once a week for two hours this summer, Rafe's mom and I will take turns teacher. Here is our first day report!
Our first preschool was on the topic of caterpillars. I checked out a bunch of books from the library and set them up all over the living room for the kids to look at.
We read the book The Hungry little Caterpillar. I read it to them first and then read it again and handed the kids cut outs from the book and had the place it on the letter C.
Silly Annie, trying to eat all the food in the book.
Everytime the caterpillar ate a food and that food was on the C, they put it in the "Caterpillar!"
Hmmmm, what's in there?
Rafe enjoyed this activity too!
Tiny hands busy at work. These two where quite good at reognixing he food and helping eachother try to drop it in the caterpillar.
Our next activity was building at caterpillar with cheerios and a pipe cleaner. I was impressed with Annie's attention span and how focused she was about this. It was a good fine motor activity that they both enjoyed.
Finished Product!
Making the letter C with their bodies!
Watching a show about caterpillars! They where both laughing! These two are so cute.














No comments:
Post a Comment