A few Fridays ago, as I was preparing to go to Fenway with Andy for a date, I get a call from out town Library. saying that Brian won 1st place in their tri town kid poetry contest. I was pretty excited and when I told Brian he was too.
Here is his poem titled "The Wind!" He wrote it after a picture I showed him of him "yelling" at the wind during a strom last spring when he thought it was going to knock over a tree. The top 3 words are what he thought the wind sounds like from his bedroom window and he thought the perfect word to describe how the wind sounded overall was mad.
At the library before the ceremony started. Here is his Gaga and Papa. His Papa, who is the greatest public speaker I have ever met, was giving him some tips.
We invited Brian's good friend Ryan to come along.
They ask each winner to read their poems and Brian got up and read his no problem. I am amazed that he can do this and do with so well. I could never do that at that age!
Mr. Stoic cracking a smile!
Afterwards, each winner got a nice journal. Brian kept commenting afterwards how much he liked it and has kept writing/drawing in.
They had a little refreshment table after with cookies and juice and took a group photo.
Brian and Ryan.
Proud Grandparents!












No comments:
Post a Comment