Monday, February 15, 2016

My pregnacy story

December was pretty HECTIC month. We celebrate our Anniversary, Andy's birthday and Christmas all in a matter of weeks. So it didn't seem unusual when I feel asleep every night on the couch at 6 pm. I just caulked it up to the rush of the holidays. Then I started craving FRUIT and would only eat just that. Then came the major food aversions. The thought then entered my mind " I felt the exact same way when I was pregnant with Brian." I quickly pushed it out of my mind and went about the busy month. I didn't think about it again till the day AFTER Christmas when I found out I was pregnant. I don't think I have ever been more shocked in my life.
Then came the bigger shock....I was 9 weeks along! I was stunned when the ultrasound technician told me how many weeks I was. I thought it would have been more like 5 or 6! All of my fears where erased when she told me it was the poster child for what a fetus was supposed to look like at 9 weeks. I will never forget the emotions that I felt as I saw our baby on the screen and to see his or her tiny movements. It was so surreal. Brian was in the room and was fascinated by peanut, the nickname he has given the baby.
So here I am at almost 16 weeks along, in my 2nd trimester and due August 5th. I must say, finding out out at 9 weeks made the 1st trimester go by SO FAST. Last week, we got to hear the heart beat, and it all seemed real. Brian, is ambivalent about becoming a big brother but I think in the end he will end up being a great one.



This was our was of announcing it to everybody!!

Recently, Andy gave me a blessing and he blessed me to recognize all the blessings that will be coming into my life. I am so thankful to gain that perspective and look forward to meeting the little one due in just about 24 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment