Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 2016


Brian has been doing great in his swimming lessons. It seems like he becomes stronger and more confident in the water with every lesson. Last week, his swim teacher removed a bubble from his floatation device and now he only swims with two bubbles on his back!


Here is Brian passing the back float test. He had to float on his back for 10 seconds with no help from his teacher or any floatation. He actually did it for 15 seconds before she realized the test only required him to do it for 10. After, she kept his flotation device off and let him "swim" by himself back to the edge of the pool.



His beloved Gaga took him out to lunch one day. I love the bond that these two have always shared. I think they where having a discussion about animals here.



My Mom got Brian a preschool workbook that he LOVES! This particular one is so interesting that he completed up to page 45 by the second day. I think it helped that I sat with him and put a stamp on each completed page. Sometimes he can even figure it out without me reading the directions to him. He loves to work on the pages as I make dinner and he waits for Dad to come home from work.




We went to a bounce house/arcade one day and he had a ball. I love to see him smiling and enjoying these activities so much. He LOVES Skee-ball and always goes to that game first.


Sneaking chocolate chips while baking. When he tries to be sneaky, he will run off with something and hide behind the couch and then call out for me to  "look on the counter" to make me realize he stole it!!


Doing some reading with is Great Grandma Yai Yai. I read with her on that same exact couch.


Birthday party for bestie!



Brian's reaction when I showed him a ultrasound of the new baby. Poor boy is pretty ambivalent about it. Although, he keeps telling me he is going to help me take good care of the baby. I ask him how and he responds "well Mommy, there are lots of ways you can help take care of the baby." I hope he comes through on that promise :)


He has been obsessed with magnets lately and goes around the house asking out loud "will this stick to magnets ?" I love watching him wander around the house and make all these discoveries.


Brian is doing awesome on his balance bike. We will be able to get out more when it gets warmer. He can now do a 1/2 mile bike ride to the park. So glad I let my Mom talk me in to letting him one of these. Thanks Gaga.


Fun at the park. He is pretending he is Spider man here and casting a web on everyone.


We did a Dr. Seuss themed preschool and the kids loved it. We learned all about him and read several of his books.


We talked about patterns and here they are making a Dr. Seuss hat with strawberries and bananas.


Doing some reading before everyone came!


At Brian's art class, his teacher did an experiment where they mixed all of the water colors in water and watched what happened. I LOVE his face in this one. He is really enthralled with what is happening!


Stirring all the colors together!



He mixed some paints in a bag and then was able to trace his name with his finger on it with his friend Weston.


Working hard to shave some old crayons. He put all his shavings on some wax paper and then I ironed over it.









No comments:

Post a Comment