Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tales from the Hospital

It has been quite the eventful week at the Bartholomew household. Right now, Andy and I are relaxing/Sleeping on the couch watching General Conference try to catch a breath for the first time this whole week. Sunday of last week I came home early from church with a stomach ache. Andy was at drill the whole weekend and I suffered through it until he came home. Monday I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with nausea and stomach pain. I tried to sleep it off but it continued on the rest of the day. I could hardly sit and was miserable when I slept, so off to the doctors I went demanding drugs. She ordered a CT Scan the next morning so all day I was miserably sick.Tuesday I went in bright and early and got the scan done. I went home feeling better but then the call came...."You need to come in right away for emergency surgery, you have a stone in your appendicitis." I searched for Andy all over campus who was knee deep in engineering labs, test and homework. So off to the the hospital I went but then came the big wait... the hospital here is so small that they had to call in a surgeon down from Provo ( 2 hrs away) and then they didn't have the right equipment so they had to send a nurse up to Provo to get it..... Wonderful. I was preped for surgery and Andy was right there beside me the whole time, I would not let him leave me, so he sat in the waiting room doing homework. I came out of anesthesia VERY loopy. Andy later told me he wishes he had got it on tape for blackmail. I stayed the night in the Hospital to be monitored and Andy almost stayed on a cot in the room with me but ended up going home so he could get a goodnight sleep for his classes the next morning. I went home Wednesday morning and have been taken care of by Andy all week. I must say he is a very dutiful nurse. I must admit, I was worried how he could juggle work, classes, two tests, homework, studying for finals, packing and cleaning up an apartment and me recovering but he did it. I am so grateful for modern medicine, caring friends who brought meals and a husband who holds the priesthood.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Hope you're feeling better Kat! And what a nice hubby to take care of you like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin! Recovery is going good and I am feeling lots better. Andy was a very good nurse to me and waited on me hand and foot.

    ReplyDelete