Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Harry Potter

                             

So, Brian's group of friends are BIG Harry Potter fans. Big being an understatement. I had promised them all if they kept reading this series throughout the whole summer, I would treat them to a Harry Potter night. It worked! Andy was the brains behind this. I don't know how liked it more, Andy or the boys. 


So, Andy and I went to work. Before we invited his friends over, Andy came up with a list of food and games he thought the kids would like. Andy had some ideas of his own and a few from online.

The Food Table!

Oranges: Golden Snitches

Butter Beer: Harry Potter Drink

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels: Harry Potter Wands

Jellybean: Bertie Bott's : every flavored Beans

Rice Crispy Treats: Harry Potter Sorting hats




So Andy made rice crispy sorting hats. Inside each hat was a color of a certain M&M which determined what house they got sorted into. The different houses where Gryffindor, Hufflepuff,  Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. The kids really liked this part! 
 



Andy also took the boys outside and played Quidditch. This is a fun sport they play in Harry Potter with brooms and balls. Andy adapted it for their age and they had a ball. These boys spent at least 3 hrs playing this game lead by Andy. Hmmm... who enjoyed this more, Andy or the boys!





And the best part... Butterbeer. This was the hit of the party. I had 3 of Brian's friends over for a sleepover to make Butterbeer and they LOVED it. They kept begging to come back again and have me make it. So, I taught them all how to make it and it did not disappoint! 



I'll let the picture's speak for themselves. These boys chugged it back!


See, good things come from reading!













No comments:

Post a Comment