Sunday, July 31, 2022

Talent Show

Our church held a talent show for the congregation. When I mentioned  it to the kids, Annie immediately responded that she wanted to perform. I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to sing her favorite song "This girl is on fire!" She was so adamant about it. So, for weeks we played the song around the house, in the car and helped Annie memorize it. Her Gaga bought her a new dress for the event and I curled her hair. She was excited the whole day leading up to it. I was a little nervous for her but she was so excited. So, here she is! She got up and with all the confidence she could muster up, she belted out and I mean BELTED out the song. She put everything she had into it and didn't miss a beat! I was so VERY proud of her. I just could not believe my 5 years could do that. I could not have and still could not do such a thing. The whole audience just LOVED her. Many commented on how she stole the show! She even got a standing ovation after!      





I told her when she was done to take a bow and she remembered! Such a little lady!


I lover it how she jumped right to her beloved Daddy! She had the biggest smile on her face. Here is Matt in the back whistling at her performance! 



Brian spent the day at his grandparents doing yard work. There he mentioned to them that is also wanted to participate but didn't know what to do. So, my hilarious father who has the greatest sense of humor wrote up some jokes and did NOT disappoint. My Dad loved being in his element (making people laugh) and he loved having his grandson with him.

I am so proud of these kids! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment