"You go and see what this is all about. I want to go with you."
This was Brian's 1st sentence he read by himself in a book ( Boxcar book #2.) He was in Kindergarten for 4 months when he came into my bedroom one night to do some reading before bed. I was so pleased and impressed.
Annie is now in Kindergarten and is loving it. Her teacher is amazing. She is truly what you would picture a K teacher being. I volunteer in her class every Friday and I am impressed with how many literacy based activities and work stations she has going on. Wanting to continue the fun at home, I checked out from the library the BOB Books. They are simple sight words that rhyme that form sort sentences. Annie took right to it. I was blown away her skills to sounds out words correctly. She was so good at it. We are on book # 3 of the series. We are just loving this stage with Annie and all that she is learning and becoming. She even called her beloved Papa and read to him. With everything else she can do in the afternoon- gymnastics, ballet and violin, I am glad she still takes time to sit on my lap and read.
Mixed up Monday for Dr. Suess week.
No comments:
Post a Comment