Friday, May 21, 2021

9th Birthday

 Brian turned 9 on the 16th of May. I really can't believe he is 9 years of age. I know I say that every year, but 9 just seems SO OLD. Last year, due to covid, we could not do a birthday party. This year, Brian was SET on having a party. He loves to play Xbox with friends so Andy and I came u with a fun idea of having an Xbox birthday party and having a compatition of games! So we played a fun Xbox themed party to ring in 9th birthday. Andy suggested we do the party outside and project the games on the big screen. Since he is Brian's playing partner, I told him HE was in charge of this part. He was the perfect guy to do it. 



Games. I don't know what he was more excited for the games for the presents. He very excited to have his friends come over and play Super Smash Brothers. Due to covid, we could only invite so many kids but he was happy just to have a party. I am glad they all played together so very well.



This is exactly what I invsion when Andy built the firepit. The boys LOVED roasting s'mores. These kids where into the fire :)



Pinyata. Andy found a actual Xbox controller pinyta and Brian thought it was a find of a lifetime. He also picked out all the candy and helped me stuff it the night before his party. The kids loved smaking it around. 





Right before the candy mehem.







Brian was blessed with so many thoughful gifts. His good buddy Ethan, who loves star wars just like Brian, got him a baby yoda that Brian just loved. Michael got him a taco/cat stuffed animal! He also got nurf guns and giftcards to buy xbox games. He was very spoiled. 




The boys! Brian was so excited to be celebrating with his friends. When I would pick up Bri fron school, I could hear him ask his friends "you're coming to my party, right?" SO cute. He did the same thing when he was younger. 


Dinner time! We ordered pizza for dinner! Brian's favorite is Hawiaan and we ordered just that.


Brian was very particular about his cake! Somehow it doesn't seem like your birthday till you blow out the candles on the cake!

Chow down time! My parents who came to help also bought a box of ice cream treats!


Brian and Michael.





The decorations! I can't leave out the balloon garland the life size xbox controller. Brian was speechless when he saw it and his friends where amazed. It really was the hit of the party.






Very talented. Thank you! You know who you are!



The goodie bags where filled with xbox trinckts!


We woke up Brian on his day of birth to a silly string attack in bed and a dought nut. I think he will always remember this birthday, we presented him with out plan to go to Disney, man that was hard to keep a secret.



After a full morning of church, we headed over to my parents to celebrate at their house. We had beach pizza ( per his request) and face timed family and opened more presents.





Our special guest was our church friend Calvin. He came along to help celebrate. 

Brian, you are such a joy to this family. You do such a good job being the older brother and oldest cousin. You read peoples emotions and feelings better than any person I have ever met. Just this week you decided to stop what you where playing at recess and sit with another student who was sitting out so you wound not be lonely. You are such an obedient boy who always strives to do what is right. You take your baptismal covenants to heart and try to live them every day. You are a bright spot among your peers and you always have friends around since you know how to be a good one. You are on fire with baseball and always work hard school. This year your teacher said you where laser focused in math and are at a 6th grade reading level. I am so proud of you and all that you are as a son. 

Happy Birthday















No comments:

Post a Comment