Sunday, April 12, 2020

Science Fair


Every year, Brian's school host a really cool science fair. I showed Brian the flyer that got sent home and he told me how much he wanted to participate in it this year. He told me he also hoped to do it with a friend, so he asked his good friend Quinn to join him. We went tot he library to research science fair projects and we found a book Space Science Fair Projects by Jordan McGill. My lover of anything space checked it out and found a really fun and simple activity. Investigate how the size of a meteorites is related to the size of the crater it makes upon impact.



Here are the two boys, I mean sciencetists got three different size objects, an apple, ball and a medium size soccer ball and dropped them in a box of sifted flour and cocoa. They measured the impact with a ruler. They repeated the same thing 3 times for each objects and then caculated the average crater diameter and made a graph of their data.



Sciencetist  busy at work. This project was MESSY with flour and cocoa flying everywhere. The boys didn't mind.



They worked hard on this project for a few hours. They did the experiment, made a graph and wrote out the poster board.




I'm proud of the work they did on the poster board. They did all the writing themselves.



Here they are presenting to the judges. I am impressed with how well they answer the questions. I could NEVER do this stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment