Friday, May 30, 2014

2nd Birthday!

Well my little Bubba is now 2 years old. Just ask him! He will hold up his pointer and middle finger and yell "Two!" Here are some pictures of his birthday!

We threw Brian an early birthday party in Utah, since family was in town for Andy's graduation.  Brian is OBSESSED with cars, tractors and basically anything that has wheels. We decided to go with a car theme this year. This is his cake. He loved the dump trucks pushing around "rocks."

 
Credit goes to my creative husband for coming up with the idea for the cake :)

 
The table was set up like a construction zone and we had this as the table runner. I made the "stop lights" on the sides. They where graham crackers with chocolate frosting and red, yellow and green M&M's. We asked Brian what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he requested pizza.

 
Brian and his cousin playing around with the "traffic cones" aka ice cream cones.
 


 
Singing Happy Birthday and digging into the cake. I got a little misty eyed as we sang to him, seeing as he is getting so big so fast!
 
Special guests where Jen and Brent Thomas! They where good friends of ours in Boston and they just happened to be in Logan at the time.
 




 
Later that night, we opened up some gifts. Here are my parents giving him their presents. They had just visited Italy before coming to Utah, so all of the presents where from Italy!!
 



 

My Mom got him the greatest gift ; Italian suspenders! They fit him just right. They also go him a train with the letter of his name.
 

 
One of Brian's big gifts was this bank my dad gave him. Brian has inherited his Papa's love for antique banks. Whenever we are home, he always plays with them. His favorite bank though, is a clown one. In Italy, my Dad found the exact same one! Brian was quite surprised and happy with that gift.
 
Spoiled!!
 

On his actual day of birth, we surprised him in his crib with balloons! He was very happy! We also opened up a birthday card from his Gaga and Papa.
 

 
Brian's big activity for the day was going to the pet store and picking out a fish. He defiantly had an opinion on what fish he wanted. He picked out two goldfish and a black fish.
 
 
Here he is giving direction to the employee and basically trying to take charge.

 
We was quite intrigued with the fish and kept telling me the where "night night" every time they where still.

 
Present time! We got him a wagon, lego's, a fire truck station and a fire truck that lights ups

 
Brian loved unwrapping gifts and making sure every last piece of paper is off before he plays with the toys! We ended the night with ice cream sandwiches and calls to Gaga and Papa!!
 
Brian, there are so many qualities that you posses at 2 years old, that I wish you could carry with you for the rest of you life.
I hope that you always stay the peacemaker that you are at this time.
I hope you never lose the love you have right now for the Gospel.
I hope you continue to be everbody's and anyone's friend.
I hope you always stay determined and curious about life.
I hope you continue your love for learning
I hope you always stay a PIP .
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment