Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas 2015

Christmas was a absolute blast this year. I feel like we partied for a whole month straight. Brian really grasped the concept of Santa this year and we may or may not have used "Santa is watching...." when he would not behave.

Christmas Eve....How did we celebrate this joyus, meaningul holiday without the little one. He sure make it fun. One of my favorite things was watching Brian spend time with his Great Grandparents. I am so thankful that he knows them and will have memories with them.


We have a few fun Tradtions on the Donahue side. On Christmas Eve, we have a Bethlam Dinner. I wait for this meal all year round and it did not disapoint. Even Brian loves Tahini. I am so thankful for my Mom and how she carries on this tradtion. We also had fish from the local waters.


My Mom also does a Christmas Eve box for Brian. It has all the estioanl goodies one needs on Christmas Eve. He got his PJ's, his santa hat and his Christmas books. One of the books was about a car that needed to get through the snow so she also got some dump trucks and mini trees for Brian to play with while she read the story.


We also have the tradition of not hanging up our Stocking till Christmas Eve. Brain was very excited to do this.


Christmas Day was extra speical this year seeing as it was the first one in our very own house. That made it so much more special. Brian made out pretty good!

 

Brian's big gift this year was a supermart! He loves going to the grocery store with me and grabing everything off the shelf, helping me unload the food, watching everything that gets scanned and then helping me put all the groceries away. So, I found one that had a cash register and a scanner that beeped. He loved it and said it was his favorite gift.

The most priceless moment of Christmas was when he opened this gift and exclaimed "I asked Santa for this, I asked him for this!" It made it all worth it. 



I love his expression and it little feet holding up the big gift of dinasours. I really felt this was the first year that he got "big boy" gifts instead of just baby ones. He was really grateful for everything.


It was also a hotwheels Christmas. He got a pack of cars and two racetracks. 


Andy enjoyed Lincoln Logs as a Child and thought Brian would too. He was pretty excited just from seeing the picture on the box!


Christmas fun with Dad!


Opening of his stockings! He got a Frisbee!



The rest of the day was spent with my family opening gifts, eating good food and playing with all the toys he got. The photo above is Brian opening at box from his great uncle Jeff. He always gets him the coolest stuff. I am so grateful for how people where so generous with Brian.

Things I wan to remember about this Christmas

Opening up Advent Jar every morning and reading a Christmas book every night
Going to The JS Memorial to see a live Nativity
The Christmas Train
Making Crayons for all his Friends





No comments:

Post a Comment