I'm not gonna lie.... I think Mother's Day has officially become my new favorite holiday.Being spoiled, getting gifts and getting the day off from cooking is pretty sweet. This year was my first Mother's Day and Andy made such an effort to make sure it was memorable. I awoke this morning and was getting ready for church I received a text from Andy saying to go to the nursery. When I walked in I saw this...
My loving husband stayed up till 1 am putting this together for me to find in the morning. The best part? A love note "written" by the little guy himself :) Thanks Andy! I know the glider will get put to great use.The evening was topped off by a great meal that Andy made and phone calls to our moms.
"When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way.
He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother.
And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits.
The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”
President Hinckley
I got a glider for my very first Mother's Day, too!
ReplyDeleteYou did? That is so funny. I think it is the perfect gift and I have already gotten so much use out of it!
ReplyDelete