Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blessings & Callings

Last Sunday, Andy and I watched the church film "The Stone Cutter." The film tells the amazing story about a remarkable man named John Rowe Moyle.For 20 years he walked 22 miles to work as a stone mason on the Salt Lake Temple.He endured this rigorous routine even after losing his leg in an accident. At one point, his wife comments that he should take a break due to the condition of his leg. His responds was simple and to the point, "when are callings ever convenient?" That statement made me think about my own calling. I was called as Relief Society President during a very challenging time in my life. Andy had just lost his job, I was very sick, we had 2 deaths in the family and that is just where the list begins. Here's the thing though, callings bless the life's of those who serve and this callings has blessed us so much. It has helped me look beyond myself and focus my time, energy and efforts to others. After this movie, I had a new appreciation for callings that come at inconvenient times.

1 comment:

  1. Kat, I have appreciated your efforts to magnify your calling, and your willingness to do so means so much more to me knowing what you were going through when the call was extended to you. Thanks for stopping by today. I enjoyed chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete